Reporting Secretariats (SR) exist to provide information to the CENELEC Technical Board on any work of IEC Technical Committees and Subcommittees which could be of interest to CENELEC, for example in connection with consultations with the European Commission or the EFTA Secretariat concerning appropriate mandates for European standardization. When the Technical Board wishes to examine a technical problem or to investigate a situation in an area not already covered by a Technical Committee, the CEN-CENELEC Management Centre may initially call upon the Reporting Secretariat concerned to provide what information is available.
2 REPORTS TO
The Technical Board
3.1 Review of deliverables within their remit according to clause 11.2.7 of the CEN/CENELEC Internal Regulation-Part 2
3.2 Preparation, if relevant, of an Annex ZZ included in the European standard by involving European experts participating in the international work
3.3 Publication proofing on requests of the CEN-CENELEC Management Centre.
3.4 Proofing of the Annexes ZA, with dated normative references, as prepared by CCMC.
A CLC/SR is not a decision making body
One CENELEC Member is responsible for the Reporting Secretariat. All members and relevant partners can contribute to the work of an SR.
6 METHOD OF APPOINTMENT/REVIEW
The Reporting Secretariat is allocated to a CENELEC Member by the Technical Board
7 MODE OF WORKING
A Reporting Secretariat shall carry out tasks remitted to it in accordance with instructions from the Technical Board.
The main tasks of a Reporting Secretariat are :
- to identify the European experts working at IEC level, in order to organize the support to the specific work of the reporting secretariat on each IEC project.
- The identification can be carried out with the help of the national mirror committee.
- The expert Management System can also be used to help identifying those experts.
- The BT can make a call for participation.
- to establish a link between IEC work and European Regulatory Framework under the Frankfurt Agreement provisions by organizing feedback on the work carried out at IEC level, by the European experts, at all stages of the project (CD, CDV, FDIS)
- to resolve any specifically European comment received at the Enquiry and Final Vote stages;
- to identify the need for common modifications to IEC work and, where appropriate, to prepare those common modifications at the earliest stage, including the new work item proposal to BT.
- to participate, where appropriate, to SRAHG, to contribute to the establishment of the work programme in the context of a standardization request.
- to organize, in cooperation with CCMC, the feedback from the New Approach Consultant (NAC) from the beginning of the project as recommended by CEN-CENELEC Guide 15.
- to resolve any concerns raised by a NAC in the assessment of a harmonized standard; This can be done with the help of an ad-hoc group of experts (national and European) set up by the Reporting Secretariat
- to oversee the preparation and proofing of an Annex ZZ, where required; This can also be done with the help of an ad-hoc group.
- to perform the deliverable publication proofing, after notification from CCMC, including checking the accuracy of those European elements prepared by CCMC;
- to initiate the systematic review process after notification from CCMC.
By Technical Board Decision.